Bathroom Remodel with All Building Construction
All Building Construction McMinnville is a general contractor with years of experience in residential construction, house remodels, and home building. Our expertise in remodeling has helped many homeowners transform their living spaces. In this article, we will focus on how All Building Construction McMinnville can help transform bathrooms and bedrooms through its remodeling services.
What to Consider When Remodeling Your Bathroom
When remodeling a bathroom there are several things to consider ensuring that the project goes smoothly and meets your needs. Some things to consider are budget, design and layout, plumbing and electrical, materials and finishes, storage, lighting and accessibility. Let’s look at each aspect a little closer:
Budget is always a big factor with remodels. It is important to determine what you can afford and what you actually want to spend on any kind of remodel. Do some pre project homework and research current prices for cabinets, shower enclosures or tubs, fixtures, lighting, etc. so that you have an idea of what you want and expect going into your initial meeting with a contractor. This will help ensure that everyone is on the same page and will be super impressive to the contractor because they get a clear picture of your wants and needs.
- Design and Layout
Design and layout are the next important step. Figuring out where you want the sink, toilet and shower to be will help for the contractor so they can see your vision and then can give you a better idea of how to accomplish it and if things like plumbing and electrical will need to be relocated in order to make it happen. Make sure to keep in mind the functionality of the space and ways to maximize the space you have to work with.
- Plumbing and Electrical
Plumbing and electrical are one of the higher costs in a project like this but also one of the most important because they need to be up to code and safe. Hiring a good general contractor that has a great electrician on board will bring some comfort in knowing that you will get quality work.
- Materials, Finishes, Storage, and Functionality
The fun begins when it is time to pick out the materials, finishes, and how you are going to create storage and a functional space of peace and relaxation. Finding the right high-quality materials within budget is one key to creating your vision. You want to make sure they will withstand daily use and moisture so consider the durability, maintenance, and aesthetic appeal for each option. Storage is also important. There never seems to be enough storage in a bathroom so plan for adequate storage space by installing cabinets or shelves for towels, toiletries and other items so they are easily accessible.
All the steps above will improve functionality and aesthetics as well lower electrical and water costs if you chose energy efficient fixtures and appliances. Not mention that remodeling an old bathroom will bring better hygiene by replacing old moldy surfaces or fixtures and adding features like touchless faucets or toilets. These are all things the general contractor should help you think about and plan while in the planning and design phase. As always, they will be responsible for getting county or city permits, demolition of the old bathroom and prep for the new. They will oversee the construction and installation of all the fixtures and communication with all vendors for appropriate timing and budget needs while overseeing the quality control and inspections that come along the way. Choosing the right general contractor is very important so take the time to interview a few and make sure you chose the one that makes you feel comfortable and shows integrity and compassion towards your needs.
Our Bathroom Remodeling Services
All Building Construction McMinnville offers a variety of bathroom remodeling services, including:
- Full bathroom remodels: All Building Construction McMinnville can help homeowners transform their outdated or poorly functioning bathrooms into beautiful and functional spaces. This may include new fixtures, tiles, flooring, and lighting.
- Partial bathroom remodels: If a homeowner only wants to update certain aspects of their bathroom, such as the shower or vanity, All Building Construction McMinnville can help with that too.
- Accessibility upgrades: For homeowners with mobility issues or who are aging in place, All Building Construction McMinnville can install grab bars, shower seats, and other safety features to make the bathroom more accessible.
Bathroom Remodel Benefits
By choosing All Building Construction McMinnville for a bathroom remodel, homeowners can enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Increased functionality: A bathroom remodel can improve the layout and storage options of the space, making it easier to use.
- Added value to the home: A newly remodeled bathroom can increase the value of a home and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Improved aesthetics: With new fixtures, tiles, and lighting, a remodeled bathroom can look more modern and stylish.
To get an idea of the quality of work All Building Construction McMinnville can deliver, take a look at some of our past bathroom remodeling projects or feel free to contact us with any further questions you may have.